where are you ranking?
AFFILIATE PROGRAMS RULE!
Finding Great Affiliate Programs by Using Article Directories
Affiliate marketing has always been a very lucrative way to earn money on the Internet. It does not require too much start up capital and the basic concept is easy for everyone to grasp. The basic concepts of SEO and link building are available all over the Internet. From there on, the person’s skill decides whether he/she will be able to become a successful affiliate and make a ton of money on the Internet. The first problem which most new affiliate marketers face is deciding what to promote. Finding great affiliate programs is not tough if you know where to look. Here we discuss an easy method of finding great affiliate programs by doing some research on directories like Hubpages.
The advantages and disadvantages of directories like Hubpages:
The Ups and Downs
Good, Bad, Ugly
Web2 directories like Hubpages are very popular with a lot of affiliate marketers. The reason is quite simple. Hubpages is an authority site and its pages are usually given a lot of weight by Google’s ranking algorithms. It is often much easier to rank a Hubpages article on Google than ranking pages of your own blog or website.
While it is relatively easier to push your hub high on Google search results without creating many backlinks, these directories do have their disadvantages. The main disadvantage with using such directories is that you are leaving your strategy open for everyone to look at. This weakness can be exploited for finding great affiliate programs and finding the keywords that these articles are targeting. Directories like Hubpages are good places for finding great affiliate programs. All you need is some clever research.
Method of finding great affiliate programs on directories like Hubpages:
1. Go to the directory, for this example, go to Hubpages.
2. Most directories have articles classified in categories. In Hubpages click on ‘Topics’ on the tab menu on top of the page. You will get a list of categories. Click on a category to open up the subcategories. Keep drilling down till you find a list of articles and take a look at the article titles.
3. One of the principles of ranking a page for a keyword is to include that keyword in the title of the page. So look for articles with titles that include phrases that look like keywords. This will help you find pages that are published by affiliates.
4. Say, you find an article called, ‘Great Patio Furniture’. This looks like a keyword. You could open up the article to see the product or website that the page is targeting to reconfirm this. Finding articles such as these is the key to finding great affiliate programs by this method.
5. Now you have a product, a keyword and probably the author id of an affiliate marketer, all very valuable resources for finding great affiliate programs. The best part is that all this can be done in a few minutes.
6. Now go to the Google Keyword Tool and look up for exact matches of the keyword to assess the search volume for that keyword.
7. If the search volume is good enough to make it worth the effort, check the SEO competition for that keyword by searching for that keyword (within quotes) in Google. If the number of results is not too high, you have eliminated a poor niche. Now if the product that the keyword is targeting qualifies in terms of the commission percentages or any other criteria that you may apply, you have just found a great affiliate program.
Piece of cake right?
Just repeat this process and you would have succeeded in finding great affiliate programs to work on along with the keywords that you should be targeting. The chances that the authors of these articles are good affiliate marketers themselves is very high. So you can just look at the other articles that they have on Hubpages and this will make your search a lot easier and lot more rewarding.
What to do after you succeed in finding great affiliate programs from Hubpages:
The next task is to obviously outrank those articles on Google for the same keyword. Though directories like Hubpages are authority directories, you can outflank them if you build a lot of backlinks and use other SEO techniques. That in essence is the crux of the process. Finding great affiliate programs that others are working on and doing better SEO than them.
USE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE POSITIONING TEAM HERE!
There are plenty of paid as well as free tools on the Internet which allow you to spy on what others are doing which are useful for finding great affiliate programs, but the method we have outlined above is easy and free. In short, instead of working hard, you are working smartly. This does not mean that hard work is not required, but why reinvent the wheel if the technology is already available.
Our job is to make you successful!
Finding great affiliate programs is easy if you know where to find them. One of the methods that you should apply is scanning through the article titles in authority article directories like Hubpages to identify the articles set-up by affiliate marketers. Find the products and keywords they are targeting and do your own keyword research. Once you confirm the usefulness of the keyword and the product from a marketing point of view, you can think about promoting those products and you have succeeded in finding great affiliate programs to work with.
Ring us when you’re ready to shine!
Subscribe newslettersubscribe for news and offers
Written by: Andrew Kelly